Dr Amanda Taylor, Researcher and Academic
Dr David Younger, Clinical and Consultant Psychologist
Captain Steve Farina, BC Canada Firefighters' Association
Michelle Possingham, Lifeline Gippsland and Lisa Renato, Lifeline Central Victoria and Mallee
Tony Pearce, ESF Chair and Inspector-General for Emergency Management
Dean Family, Victoria Police
Dr Sarah Hewat, Kevin Smith, Prof. Russell Roberts and Mark Dobson
Dr David Lawrence, University of Western Australia
Dr Erin Smith, Dart Centre Asia Pacific
Elizabeth McNaughton, Hummingly
Gina Mammone, Ambulance Victoria
Debbie Day, Victoria Police
Lex de Man AFSM, Victoria Police Legacy
Rebecca Pierce, Ambulance Victoria
Margaret ‘Margie’ Lewis, Victoria Police
- Mental Health of Young Emergency Service VolunteersSiusan MacKenzie and Rachel Treeby from VICSES speak with speaking with Amanda Taylor from the University of Adelaide, who has done some interesting work on the mental health of young emergency service volunteers.
- Lived Experience StorytellingWe speak with Dr David Younger about how lived experience storytelling can be applied to help people recover from mental injury.
- First Responder Resiliency ProgramESF CEO Siusan MacKenzie and Shannon Hood, a clinical counsellor specialising in working with emergency service people speak with Captain Farina about his involvement in developing a world leading 'First Responder Resiliency Program'.
- LifelineWe speak with Michelle Possingham and Lisa Renato from Lifeline about the services offered to support Victorians in distress.
- Tony's TrekEmergency service work can take a terrible toll on people – paid and volunteer – who are always ready to protect our community. Tony’s Trek – one step at a time, a solo walk of 1440km aims to raise awareness and funds so ESF can initiate two new programs to help support them.
- Impact of Emergency Service Work on FamiliesESF recently undertook a study to gain a deeper understanding of how emergency service work impacts family life and how we could better support family members. In this podcast we speak with one of the study leads Owen Pfannenstiehl and the Dean family.
- Leading for Better Mental HealthThe program lead and three facilitators speak about how the Leading for Better Mental Health program and pilot developed, what’s unique about it, and how is helps leaders to build psychologically safe workplaces.
- Mental Health ResearchWe speak with Dr Lawrence about two important research studies he’s led that have provided baseline data around the wellbeing of people in the sector nationwide; Beyond Blue's Answering the Call and After the Fires
- Emergency ResponseWe speak with Dr Erin Smith about lessons from research for supporting mental health.
- Leadership and RecoveryESF CEO Siusan MacKenzie and Kate Siebert, state manager emergency services with Victorian Red Cross, speak with Elizabeth McNaughton, an expert in disaster recovery